Right now is the perfect time to start thinking up Christmas gift ideas for your loved ones. While gift shopping for others might be a piece of cake for some; others find it challenging to think of new, creative ideas, especially for mom. No matter how many times you ask her what she would like for Christmas, you hear the same feedback, “Oh, I don’t need a thing. A card will be just fine.” And like every year before, you are not buying her a card only. Therefore, the questions is: What should you get the mom in your life this joyful Christmas season?
Read on for some helpful ideas to get your Christmas shopping going!
Christmas Tips When Shopping for Mom
Finding the perfect Christmas gift for mom can be a difficult, but rewarding adventure. Some tips to keep in mind include:
- One nice, thoughtful and expensive gift is better than five little gifts equally the same value. Think about when someone gives you an item of theirs. Do you appreciate more when you receive a practically new shirt, or several very used, old shirts? Most likely, the one nice gift will stick out in your mind more.
- Keep in mind your mom’s taste and preferences, and not transferring your personal tastes onto her. She has her own style and fashion, even if you consider it outdated or non-stylish. Stores all over market towards her particular age group, and you can find nice gifts that reflect her individuality.
- Throughout the year, listen to your mom. This goes for all the people on your Christmas list, but pay special attention to what she says. Knowing that you listen to her when she’s not expecting speaks volumes about your love. Did she mention in July that her favorite watch broke? You have a few months to find a similar style that you can present as a Christmas gift.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mom
Now it’s time to jot down some notes and start churning the engine in your mind. Here are a few Christmas gift ideas your mom might enjoy:
- Spa day for two. Make a day for the two of you to enjoy some pampering with facials, pedicures or massages. If you can, make it a day and do it all!
- Supper for two. Take your mom out to a fine-dining restaurant, dress code and all. Enjoy being served and taken care of for a night. This as an opportunity to honor your mom and learn more about her. Show appreciation for all she has done in your life.
- Attend a seminar or conference together. Grow together and make memories by attending a speaker in your area. Go out to lunch afterward and discuss what you’ve learned. Check your local paper or website for upcoming events in the area.
- Have children? Paint some images using your child(ren)’s developing artistic skills. In the center, write a poem or words of thanksgiving to her. Let her know how special her role as grandmother is. Frame and present on Christmas morning.
- Does she have a grandmother’s ring? Go in with other siblings to create a special ring (or necklace or bracelet; whichever she prefers to wear) with birthstones of her grandchildren.
- Create a grandmother album with photos of her and the children. Make sure it has room for you to leave notes by each picture, illustrating the event and memory created during the time.
Time to Christmas Shop for Mom
Hopefully this has given you some ideas to start thinking of ways to make this Christmas special for mom. No matter how imperfect her parenting, every parent needs to be honored. Use wisdom and keep in mind what you would like to hear from your children someday. You’ll be happy you did.