A new British tour operator, Families Worldwide, claims to be the only company in the UK specialising solely in overseas adventure holidays for families. Their child-friendly African safaris and other family activity holidays also include the opportunity to help a school in Zambia, with a donation being made for every holiday booked.
The exciting Zambian family safari keeps the kids entertained with wildlife watching, nature walks and ‘pick-a-poo’ safaris, when they can learn to identify animals by their droppings. But there is also chance to learn local crafts, visit a bush camp, meet local children and visit the Yosefe School, which benefits from every Zambia safari holiday booking. Here children get the chance to join in on lessons and learn Nyanga, the local language, adding greatly to the fun and the value of the visit.
Families Worldwide are specialists in arranging family adventure holidays, suitable for families traveling with children of any age. They offer off-the-beaten track activity holidays to destinations including Egypt, Morocco, India, Kenya, Peru, Greece, Nepal, Canada, Costa Rica, Ecuador, the Galapagos islands, and the USA, where they organise wild west family ranch vacations in Arizona.
Some of the family activity holidays available in the Families Worldwide brochure and on their website include:
- Morocco: hike on the walking trails in the Atlas Mountains, meet Berber children and learn how to make the traditional Moroccan tajine stew.
- Art Safaris in Africa: here the whole family can enjoy not only seeing the wildlife like lions, leopards, cheetahs, hippos, elephants, giraffes and wildebeest but also learn to draw and paint them with help from a wildlife artist.
- Greece: learn to sail and windsurf, and hire mountain bikes and play tennis, at a beach club in the northwest Peloponnese.
- Thailand: sea-kayaking along the coast, relaxing on Thai island beaches, snokelling in coral reefs and taking a trip by elephant while staying in a rainforest lodge
- Jordan: spend two nights camping in the desert in the spectacular and beautiful Wadi Rum in Jordan
- Tanzania: spend six nights camping on safari and visit some of the world’s best wildlife areas, including the Serengeti, the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National Parks
- Canada: visit Churchill and northern Canada to see polar bear, arctic fox, tundra hare and snowy owls, as well as hopefully seeing the amazing Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights
- France: visit the French Pyrenees and trek in some of Europe’s finest mountains, try white-water rafting, canyoning, mountain-biking, horse-riding and caving. Have a go on the Via Ferrata series of mountain ladders too.